Thursday, September 11, 2008

First Impressions

I could not be any happier than I have been the first few days at The Wheatley School. Students ,faculty,and staff have extended themselves to make me feel so welcome. New books are arriving in the library momentarily (I just checked the order status online) and I cannot wait to share them with you. If you have any book recommendations for the library please let me know... chances are great that if YOU liked it, so will your peers. As for my reading list, I am listening to In The Wood by Tara French, a contemporary mystery set in Ireland. I look forward to driving around so I can find out what unfolds. I am reading The Lords of Discipline for the second time, and I am as immersed in Pat Conroy's writing as I was the first time I read it. I have read all of his books, and he is one of my favorite authors. I am so impressed with his ability to layer complex human relationships within a tense and gripping plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment