Sunday, February 27, 2011

What will Sunday morning feel like now?


Every Saturday morning,I get the Sunday New York Times. Not the whole paper, just the special sections that are actually printed during the week, and are part of the large bundle affectionately known as The Times. The first thing I do when I get the Sunday Times sections on Saturday is peruse the Travel Section, read the Book Review ( I know, shocking), then I look at the cover of the magazine section. This has been my routine for the past few DECADES. I read the last page of the magazine, which is always a great story, then I turn to the front and read the following two columns, On Language, then The Ethicist. I browse the articles and then dig into the Sunday puzzle. It is a ritual. Well, this past Saturday, lo and behold, the writers of both The Ethicist AND On Language announced that this was to be their last columns. I am totally out of sorts. What will I do? I am a creature of habit, I love these columns. And why oh why, both ending on the same day! Poor planning New York Times,,, Poor planning. Maybe it was deliberate. Get the shock over with all at once and be done with it. I guess I will just have to adapt. I do like the column The Medium, so I guess I am not set totally adrift.

No comments:

Post a Comment